Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What if you knew?

What would you say if you knew that what you see is what I want you to see, and nothing more?

If I was consistent, dependable, and steady, would your frustration with me simply be replaced by boredom?

How would you react, if you knew that I loved a pill more than our conversations?

What would you do if I told you that I think about you night and day, but in only physical ways?  Would you be ecstatic or devastated?

What if I wanted to go to Africa for a month, or Europe for a year, without a clue of what to do, would you think it crazy, or would that embody everything you love about me?

If I was everything you wanted and committed to being nothing less, would it be enough for you to do the same?

What if you knew about me all the things that I know about myself?



You look at me as if to say "I know what you're thinking, I know what you're about, I know what you try to hide."  But the joke's on you; you don't know shit, you simply want me to think you do.  If you did know, the look would be different.  The faux-dominance...would it turn to pity, anger, or would you just go cold?  Would your interest vaporize?  I choose the game over truth, mostly because I dare not challenge your reality with mine.




1 comment:

  1. As long as you are true to yourself, none of us can ask anything more from you, or think any less of you. You are perfectly you.

    ReplyDelete