Sunday, March 25, 2012

Weekend Getaway


So this weekend I went to San Antonio with my boyfriend.  It was our chance to get away together- just the two of us- before the baby comes and while I still have energy to have fun.  We've both been so busy, and when we haven't been busy, we've been with friends and family a lot.  So this was my idea, and I have to say it was a good one.
 Our hotel, thanks to Priceline.com :)

San Antonio is about 4.5 hours south of where we live, and we picked the perfect time of year to go.  All three days were cloudless and warm.  I love the feel of the city, it's very diverse and laid back.  

Our hotel was right on the riverwalk, which is a continuous string of restaurants, bars, and shops along both sides of the San Antonio river downtown.  I took the pic below from a tour boat.




Here's a better pic, that captures the feel of the riverwalk at night, but I didn't take this one. 

If only all of my ideas were this good.  We had a great time together, got closer (and how wonderful to find out that's possible!), and I really didn't want to come back home when it was time to leave.  He has family there, and I love the city, so down the road, who knows?  Maybe I'd like to live down there.  Between San Antonio and Austin, I can definitely say that I like that part of the state more than the area I live in.  It's so different there.  


1 comment:

  1. Hey, I'm glad you guys had fun! Looks gorgeous by the way :)

    ReplyDelete